Andrew King - Executive Director of NZ Property Investors Federation
Update on Healthy Homes Standards
On Tuesday, 26 March 2019, Andrew led a Facebook live session regarding the Governments new Healthy Homes standards announced on Sunday 24 February 2019.
Andrew will be our speaker for the March meeting and will further discuss what he sees as the long term effects and implications of these standards, both on landlords, tenants and the market in general.
- Purchased his first home plus an investment property by the age of 24.
- Completed a Diploma in Business Studies at Massey University, developing an interest in Strategic Business Planning and believes all Property Investors should develop their own Property Business Plan.
- Founded Residential Property Investor Magazine in 1996, which he later sold in 2002.
- Has written two books on residential investment property, both becoming National Best Sellers, with "Create Wealth" selling well over 20,000 copies and reprinted three times in the year it was released.
- Board Member of the Auckland Property Investors Association from 1997 to 2008, being President for eight of those years. Rejoined the Board in 2011 and is a current member.
- Vice President of the New Zealand Property Investors’ Federation since 2005, elected President in 2011 and appointed Executive Officer in November 2013.
- Has frequently appeared on television programs and documentaries and is often sought by radio stations and newspapers to share his knowledge on property investment matters.
- Bought a cabin hire business called RoomMate Cabins in 2009 and now rents out just over 200 cabins.
This event is free for members, and $25 per person for visitors.